Is 3dcart the right tool to launch your online store with?
Pros of 3dcart
- Unlimited Product Storage Options: Whether you’re running a tiny store with a handful of products, or a massive online catalog with hundreds of products, your product storage options are unlimited with 3dcart website makers. This makes it the ideal platform for achieving scale, beneficial for businesses experiencing strong growth.
- Wide Range of Payment Gateways Supported: 3dcart integrates seamlessly with a wide range of different payment gateways, providing your buyers with a good deal of flexibility when it’s time to checkout. Avoid putting potential customers off, with as many payment options as possible so you can cover all the bases.
- Strong Chat and Phone Support: When setting up your e-commerce store on a platform of your choosing, there are few things more frustrating than a lack of support when you need it. With reliable instant chat support available, or someone on the other end of the phone where IM doesn’t cut it, you can rest assured knowing you are well supported if you choose 3dcart.
Cons of 3dcart
- Not the Most Intuitive: Getting stuff done on 3dcart is not as intuitive as with some other platforms, and there are some processes that feel more cumbersome than perhaps they need to be. If you’re patient, you can eventually get the hang of the software, but it is clearly less direct than alternative competing platforms.
- Supplementary Charges: With 3dcart, you often notice paid-for features as an optional extra, which other platforms allow as part of their standard price plans – not usually a massive deal, but annoying, when you consider this is coming directly from your margin, as a largely unnecessary extra cost.
- Limited Free Templates: The choice of free templates on offer through 3dcart is limited, and the visuals are often less attractive than those available on Squarespace, Shopify or a number of other e-commerce platforms.